Back pain can strike anyone at any age, and most people will suffer from this condition at some stage in their lives. Most cases of back pain are not caused by disease or severe damage, but by minor injuries such as muscle strains and sprains, pinched nerves and even kidney infection.
The good news is that sufferers can experience long-lasting and effective relief in the form of acupuncture. In fact, according to scientific studies, back problems are the primary reason people book appointments with acupuncturists, and the results are overwhelmingly positive. The same study revealed that for those suffering from lower back pain, acupuncture was extremely successful at providing considerable pain relief. The research also showed that treatment provided genuine pain relief and was not the result of a placebo effect.
Acupuncture has been used as a pain relief treatment for over 2,000 years, and the method has hardly changed over time. Widely used around the world by private practitioners, community clinics and medical authorities, acupuncture is trusted by millions of people from all walks of life.
Acupuncture can relieve back pain in the following ways:
• Pain relief: Acupuncture designed to relieve back pain works by stimulating nerves located in the muscles of the back, neck and shoulders. When these nerves are stimulated, they release endorphins and other 'feel good' hormones that transform how the brain processes pain in the spinal cord and brain.
• Improving joint mobility and muscle stiffness: Treatment can increase local microcirculation, which in turn helps to alleviate bruising and swelling following a back injury.
• Reducing inflammation: Acupuncture can promote the release of immunomodulatory and vascular factors that help reduce inflammation and the pressure on joints and muscles.
• Reduce dependency on medication: When used as an alternative therapy to over-the-counter or prescribed medication, acupuncture can decrease the sufferer's dependency on this form of pain relief.
• Effective and affordable: Compared to other forms of pain relief and therapy, acupuncture delivered in a community clinic can be one of the most affordable and effective means of back pain treatment.
The number and frequency of treatments varies from person to person. Some people experience significant relief after their first session, while others may need more complex treatments. Each case is different, and treatment will be tailored to suit the particular condition.
Acupuncture is thought to have originated over 2,000 years ago, but some experts believe it was practiced much earlier. Regardless, its benefits and reputation for results cannot be disputed. Millions of people all over the world have found instant and long-lasting pain relief by taking a natural path toward a pain-free life.
Community acupuncture is a revolutionary way to receive acupuncture treatment and is extremely cost effective. Unlike in traditional acupuncture clinics where patients are treated in isolated rooms, our patients remain fully clothed as they relax in comfortable recliners in a peaceful and pleasant setting. Our patients find that sharing their healing and recovery journey in the presence of others can bring them immense comfort. We aim to create a collective healing environment that yields effective, fast and long-lasting results for back, shoulder and neck pain and a wide range of physical and psychological conditions.