Stress Less Routine
If you have “I’m going to freak out” in your vocabulary on a regular, you need a new routine and potentially a shift in mindset to get you back on the "Positive Polly" train.
Life is tough, there is no doubt about that, but small stressors should not push us off the tracks. Living in this world today is far from how our parents and grandparents lived. If we look back in our ancestors’ day and age
, life seems less complicated and simpler. Of course, we would picture their lives much easier, but our ancestors had immense struggles too despite less noise and media infiltration we face today.
Allowing yourself the ability to look back, but not live in the past will set our foundation for a habitual and happier way of life.
“The past does not equal your future… unless you live there.”
- Tony Robbins
Now that we’ve agreed to let go of what happened, what didn’t happen, what we regret, what we would have changed and how we could have reacted differently, we can focus on creating our own personalized routine so that you can show up every single day as your best self. Stress is inevitable and oftentimes, although difficult, we can use stress to our advantage
10 WAYS TO STRESS LESS
1. STOP REACHING FOR PERFECTION – don’t waste your precious time! Realize that perfection is your perception. There are so many people who miss out because they obsess over being perfect. Moments are precious so find happiness in knowing the ultimate beauty is found in the Imperfectly perfect you.
2. FIND BALANCE – there will always be too much going on and too much to accomplish with just too little time. The real goal is to find balance over a period of time, rather than just one day of the week. Yes, the cliché quote to take it day by day still stands but make sure you realize that balance is found over your lifetime. It’s a marathon, not a sprint (another cliché for you).
3. SAY NO – don’t get distracted. Listen to your moral compass and put the phone down... maybe for your 20 minute treatment in the Zen Lounge? Just saying.
4. EXERCISE BABY! – this could mean dancing in your kitchen, taking a yoga class or going for a run. Working out lowers your body’s stress hormones and like acupuncture, can improve the quality of your sleep.
5. CONSIDER DAILY SUPPLEMENTS – Modern Acupuncture® does have a line of the highest quality supplements including: Modern Immune, Modern Relief, Modern Sleep, Modern Hemp, Modern Zen, and Modern Recharge.
6. DIFFUSE ESSENTIAL OILS – to help set the mood and uplift you. Lavender, Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Bergamont, Grapefruit, Orange, Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Frankincense, Neroli, Vetiver, Sandalwood.
7. SPEND QUALITY TIME & LET OUT A GOOD LAUGH – with friends and family. We all benefit from friendship, love and extra cuddles from your furry friend. While you’re at it, LAUGH! - even if it’s fake. Our bodies produce the same endorphins whether we are honestly laughing or not. It feels silly to fake-laugh but after a few seconds, you can guarantee that it won’t be fake any longer!
8. GET ROUTINE ACUPUNCTURE
– to help encourage your body to release naturally produced endorphins and stimulate your parasympathetic, rest and digest, response. This process essentially alleviates the physical symptoms associated with stress and supports natural healing.
9. PRACTICE MINDFULNESS – to align with the present moment, the here and now. Oftentimes deep breathing and soothing, slow-paced music (like the beautiful music played in your Zen Lounge), can help you reach the present moment. Others prefer moments of pure silence as well.
10. WRITE IT DOWN – speaking of just that… Take a quick five (or ten) to grab a piece of paper or take notes on your cell phone… Think about your ideal day. From the moment you wake up to the time your head hits the pillow. What daily things stress you out the most? What are your current hobbies? What daily things make you smile inside? What does that look like and more importantly how can you tweak your current routine, just enough to bring you increased moments of joy?
Why is a stress less routine important?
Well… Modern Acupuncture® aims to make lives better so for us, it is to live a longer healthier and happier life. As the leading provider of acupuncture in the U.S., we take pride in offering patients a natural, stress relief solution.
[Back to main news page]